because people love me…
May the enormity of your impact never be lost in your sense of self importance. #fortuneCookieFriday (at World Market Center Las Vegas)
Acorn Study No. 3, 2013 acrylic on 30.5cm x 30.5cm canvas
Acorns are rich in nutrients. They contain large amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fats, as well as the minerals calcium, phosphorus and potassium, and the vitamin niacin. They are also quite a few superstitions tied to acorns.
- The ancient Druids believed the oak tree and its fruit contained special powers.
- Lovers would each place an acorn in a bowl of water and if they came together, the lovers would marry; if they floated apart the lovers would soon leave each other for someone else. If the acorn sank it was taken as a portent of death for the person it represented.
- Placing acorns between the mattress and box-spring in a lover’s bed would keep him or her faithful.
- Carrying an acorn in a pocket or a purse was supposed to prevent old age.
- It was customary to place acorns in the hands of the newly dead in certain parts of Europe.
- The Druids believed planting an acorn by the dark of the moon would bring money.
- Making a charm of three acorns and hair which is bound together and tied, then blessed under a new moon and a full moon for an entire year will provide a life-long charm.
I simply adore everything Kenneth does.
Israel and Pakistan, created at the same time for the same reason, to create a one-religion homeland. Since then, both of those countries have done their best to show the world that combining religion and nationalism is a very bad idea, which anybody who ever dated a Southern Baptist already knew.